Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Adding fish after ich outbreak

Well, I have waited 7 LONG weeks with my main tank fallow and finally added my firefish from my QT back into his big home. He is the only survivor from a serious ich outbreak in early December. He did very well in QT as I treated him with cupramine. I finally decided that it was time to get him back to the main tank so I slowly acclimated him even though I kept the two tanks' parameters almost identical. He went in last night and seemed very happy. I can't tell you how nice it is to see fish in the main tank again. It was very frustrating doing a lot of maintenance on a tank when there were no fish and only some shrooms and ricordias in there.

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best. My next plan is to get a pair of percula clowns and get them into QT for the next 4 weeks. It was tough losing my fish the first time, but hopefully everything will go well from here on.

tripper

Old 01-25-2005, 11:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Florida8
Kudos for waiting the whole 7 weeks... what a hard thing to do... it's always so tempting to skip a week or two. Any QT time has me biting at the bit, of course the wait makes life much more pleasant when you end up with a healthy tank.

Glad you have your firefish is back living the good life again and here's to hoping you get some good healthy clowns to add next!

Kimberly

29g reef
2 ph and 1 HOB =460 gph
130watt Orbit lighting system
50+lbs lr
1 blue green chromis, domino, blue devil
6 turbo snails
1 mantis GRRRR!
Florida8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:22 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Good show!

And more kudos for using the QT method!!

Don't know if you always QT'd. I started that way, listened to bad advice from an LFS and stopped using the QT and relied on a UV. Killed 9 fish inside of 2 weeks.

QT from here on out for me. Congrats!

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
More kudos from here!! Excellent discipline, I'm sure it will pay off for you.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks everyone!

Yes, it was hard to do, but I am hoping everything will be good from here on out.

When I first started into this hobby I did not know about QT and got lucky for a few months until a coral beauty brought ich into my tank. The rest was history. I will always QT from now on. Thanks to everyone on AA for teaching me about QT too . . . I never knew it was the "right" way to introduce fish until I found this site.

tripper
Old 01-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

I forgot to add earlier - -try using Garlic Guard or some type of garlic additive to your foods. Help build the immune system.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ich, outbreak

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com