Adding Fish and Clean Up Crew Together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericsze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm in the Bethlehem, PA area and there isn't any respectable fish store in the area as far as marine tanks are concerned. My tank is probably 75% done cycling, and I'm hoping to add living organisims to my tank soon.

I have heard good things about ordering livestock from www.liveaquaria.com; also read about their 10 day guarantee. My local fish store's policy is, "once you leave the store, it's yours".

The shipping charges on liveaquaria.com are $25 for any order up to $300. I'd like to save on shipping, so is it okay if I ordered the shrimps/hermits with the fish and added them all together? Or is that not a good thing?

It's a 29 gallon, fish only. I want to have a cleaner shrimp, a few hermits, two clowns and one flame angel. Can you let me know if that setup is okay?

Liveaquaria is a good place to order from. I would wait until your tank is 100 percent cycled and then add the 2 clowns. Then wait a couple weeks or up to a month or more to add your flame angel. Adding them all at once will cause a spike in ammonia. As for adding inverts it kind of depends. If you ever have sick fish and have to give medicine the inverts will make it hard to do this. You could maybe try adding them all at once if you are 100 percent sure you're 100 percent cycled. What method did you use to cycle? Definately check your levels and make sure your ammonia and nitrites and nitrates are at 0. Make sure you're pH, salinity and temp are right as well.

Back
Top Bottom