Advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscadoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I was about to post asking why my favia has white threads coming out of it but when I was typing up parameters I found Id forgot to put my heaters back on yesterday after a pwc.. Now its 21C im assuming this is the cause.. How bad is this.. My other corals seem OK though my torch doesnt seem as happy as usual.

What do you think

Sent from my D6603 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1457367456858.jpg
    1457367456858.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 61
I don't see anything wrong with the favia. It is puffing up and isn't showing its skeleton. I would want to ensure that the heater is replaced so everything is the proper temp and that all parameters are squared away.

Params are All good nitrates are goin down since my Copperband died. I wasnt sure what the white bits were on purple and green parts. Heaters are back on just me being a dope and ive threw a few spares I use for water changes in for good measure.

If you added more heaters be sure not to raise to much at once maybe 1or 2 degrees every few hrs and watch it constantly not to over heat the tank ,
corals are probably upset from the temp change,

Last edited:
I took them out before bed lat night. All back to normal again today.. Just panicked a bit.. First real mistake ive made in 6 months from starting.. Except not supervising refilling during pwcs....

Back
Top Bottom