aggressive CBS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rancidpetals

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got a Coral Banded Shrimp and I've had her for quite a while. She is just too mean!! She has killed atleast 4 of my fish, which were otherwise perfectly healthy! The other night, she had my Mandarin by the tail! Any tips on how to get her out of the tank? My boyfriend and his friend tried for about a half hour last night, with no avail. It's getting ridiculous.

I put the trap in the tank last night and didn't have any luck, so I just left it in there overnight so she could get used to seeing it, and I did some modification to the weight on the door and it took about 15 minutes for her to go far enough in the trap that she didn't have enough time to back out. I took her to my LFS and he put her in a tank with no fish. She was a huge pain. I miss seeing her in there, because we've had her for a long time, but it's bittersweet.

Glad you got it out, when they get larger they do tend to get mean. Maybe a nice scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp will be a better tankmate?

Back
Top Bottom