All fish dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5 died, three damsils, a yellow tang, and a clown fish... Iv had them all for over three weeks... Idk what happen, the night before I put in stress coat cuz I noticed the yellow tangs skin a little faded...

Stress coat sounds like the problem. Sorry to hear about the fish.

Stress coat will deplete oxygen in the water.

Also diet is very important.

Ok thanks everybody , u did help me, I also have another question lol, my tank is looking clear now and it's looking pretty healthy, all of my levels are good too, when should I do a water change and how often?..

Ok thanks everybody , u did help me, I also have another question lol, my tank is looking clear now and it's looking pretty healthy, all of my levels are good too, when should I do a water change and how often?..

Maybe you should get a dog?

Maybe you should get a dog?

Dang man, no need to be an *** about it. I'm sure there was a day when you were new to this and were asking all the same questions. The reason these forums exist is for those of us who are not marine biologist and need a place where we can get informed help, not be mocked for questions that you may think are silly.

Dang man, no need to be an *** about it. I'm sure there was a day when you were new to this and were asking all the same questions. The reason these forums exist is for those of us who are not marine biologist and need a place where we can get informed help, not be mocked for questions that you may think are silly.

Im sure he was joking, no need to say that...

I would recommend doing a 20 to 30% water change once a week depending on your setup. If you have a skimmer and refugium you might be able to get away with less frequent pwcs

I feel like I'm taking the good stuff that the fish needs out if the water.. Y do them so much?..

Every body has different ideas on water changes, at the minute I suggest you need to do them as you have a problem. Think of it as taking the bad water out and replacing it with fresh. It does sound like you have overdosed the stress coat, I would always do a water change rather than adding any chemicals, good luck

Do wc 5% every week and no your not, you are takeing rotting food, and excess nutrients out of the water so what did happen wont happen again

I do 20% a week now on my 4ft sometimes more as i dont have s skimmer. Fresher the better i have found. I did 50% a week when had africans and they were extremely healthy beautiful fish.

Ok so what do you as filtration? If you dont have sump or a skimmer, and im guessing its a 55g? Right?

Aquis 1200 series 2 cannister filtre which i fully clean weekly. About 10kg live rock. About 30lt week water change.

Aquis 1200 series 2 cannister filtre which i fully clean weekly. About 10kg live rock. About 30lt week water change.

Ok i was just checking, you need more live rock like 20-30 more lbs, what other fish do you have? Sorry to hijack the thread... Ashley pm this ok.

Ok i was just checking, you need more live rock like 20-30 more lbs, what other fish do you have? Sorry to hijack the thread... Ashley pm this ok.

Cant pm you as you have exceeded Your PM quota it sais.

I feel like I'm taking the good stuff that the fish needs out if the water.. Y do them so much?..

I personally recommend doing the 20 to 30% ac per week because like katsam said you are removing rotting food excess nutrients as well as replacing depleted trace elements that don't show up on test. Even if your water parameters test good and the water is clear it's still a good good thing to do to maintain a happy and healthy aquarium. And Ashley I am fairly new to the hobby as well so sorry if I got a little defensive

Back
Top Bottom