All fish dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DJ Scuilli

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everybody,
This morning I woke up and all of my fish except for a clown fish were all dead. The water was cloudy too. I checked the salinity, PH, nitrate, nitrite, and they all are fine... Can anybody tell me what happen or what to use so I can bounce back from this.
Thanks!

How is your aeration of the water, only thing I can think of is you may have somehow lost a lot of dissolved oxygen

I have a fan that blows in the tank and my filter out take tube makes water movement on the top, is that what u mean?..

Yes just checking to see if you had sufficient place for air exchange. Ie no stagnant water.

5 died, three damsils, a yellow tang, and a clown fish... Iv had them all for over three weeks... Idk what happen, the night before I put in stress coat cuz I noticed the yellow tangs skin a little faded...

There's something in your water. What test did you run and the readings of the test and the test kit used if you are using API you should have a different test kit to match it against cause API are know to give problems.

I did a PH, Ammonia, Nitrite, and a Nitrate test, and they all are perfect..

just for future reference, its not uncommon to see tangs change shades. even color. this happens when they are stressed, but also happens when they are excited. furthermore, they can turn a darker hue at night to blend in better. just be careful when adding chems to a tank

Is there a test kit or test that I can buy to tell me if there's a disease in the tank??

I'd take some sample water to your local tropical fish store to test (if you have one near). That's terrible! Hope it all works out.

Yeah I have a brush that I use to clean my saltwater tank and I used it to clean the green alagy off my freshwater tank then put it back in the saltwater.. I think that was it

Back
Top Bottom