All fish died?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakewink22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
All my fish randomly died testing water now, don't know what it could have been just 2 days ago tested water and everything was good , fish were all eating, help please

How many fish did you have in your 46? If it's a month old - it should just be done cycling and there shouldn't be any fish in there.

Yeah, six fish in one month is a red flag, unless this is a big tank. Probably too much bio load for the BB to handle at once (even if tank was properly cycled). Already asked, but what size tank, what were the fish and how did you cycle the tank?

is there a echo... lol

lol, i feel like an idiot now. Just realized this. I would click reply then do some work and then answer when I got a chance, not seeing what was written before. Sorry dude. Didn't mean to make it seem like there was an echo lol

Yeah, six fish in one month is a red flag, unless this is a big tank. Probably too much bio load for the BB to handle at once (even if tank was properly cycled). Already asked, but what size tank, what were the fish and how did you cycle the tank?

They said 46 for size.

First introduced 2 cardinals about a month ago the a week later a golby, bicolor Blenny and blue spot puffer, then about a week and a half ago a little fox face

First introduced 2 cardinals about a month ago the a week later a golby, bicolor Blenny and blue spot puffer, then about a week and a half ago a little fox face

That's some list for a 46 gallon now front. Maybe the bio load was too much.

Just a shot in the dark.

I tested water and oh thing out of wack was ph but I just did 10 gallon water change with RO water so hopefully it goes back to normal

I tested water and oh thing out of wack was ph but I just did 10 gallon water change with RO water so hopefully it goes back to normal

How bad was pH out of whack? When was the last time you checked it?

pH swings will harm or even kill sometimes of there that drastic.

the ph will raise throughout the day during your photoperiod. Make sure you test when the lights come on and also before the lights go off, do this for about 3 days in a row and make sure the readings are constant. If not, something is off.

Back
Top Bottom