I tried some of the brown, spice-smelling stuff, when I had a basslet with a few spots. It did nothing. I moved him to a QT, used Coppersafe, but the spots still came back a month later. FW
dipped him, back into QT.
Then I started running a UV
, and haven't seen any spots since (2 months now). Mine was a very mild case, just one fish affected with a few spots, right after he was bought - I'll never skip QT on a new fish.
Maybe a combination of that stuff, plus UV
to kill any free-floating parasites, plus garlic additive helped. I dunno. I've been ich-less (that's fun to say out loud) for 2 months now.
I pray I never have a bad outbreak.
/knock on wood
180G build thread
180G All-glass with dual megaflows in a custom stand
AquaC EV-180 skimmer
250 pounds LR
160 pounds aragonite
Custom acrylic sump from GlassCages.com
2xPCX-40 return pumps
2x250MH 14K, 2x175MH 14K - PFO lighting, 2x65W PC
No-name 36W UV
Water General 125GPH RO/DI