Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
when you get those corals out of that tank, all you have to look at is how the membrane is attached to the skeleton. A lot of times something will bump 1 or 2 of the polyps on a colony and tear the membrane a little bit causing whatever polyps are torn to die. The thing is, only those polyps are going to die not the rest of the coral. so look where it's attached to the skeleton because that is the most important thing, no matter how good the polyp looks if that part is torn there is a good change it's going to check out on you.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:39 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to senorcat
you wouldn't happen to know sponges as well as corals, and when to add corals, would you? I just started a marine tank with a brackish mollie from 8 months ago, got a sponge, and only hope its alive, the store owner told me to add corals last. I already dont trust them on their word. they changed their prices last week on certain breeds of fw and sw fish, and i went solo when it came to converting mollies to sw. i gained overall by my risk then, but want a little help now. thanks

senorcat is offline   Reply With Quote

dead, frog, frogs, frogspawn

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com