so i bought a 4 1/2" naso tang from the lfs
last week didn't qt and it died from what i believe was in ich infestation yesterday after a week in the dt. for the first 5 days he was fine it seemed picking off rocks eating broccoli and romaine mysis then he just stopped eating and what looked to be ich all over his one side. tried garlic enhancers with no luck. then kaput.
before anyone tells me about the size tank he was in the wife and i are getting a 300g when we get our tax return.
the dt is a 75 gal
w/100 lbs lr
and 120lbs live sand between the dt and fuge
tank has been set up for 3months i filled it with lr
from my 46g that was running for 6 months. css 65 skimmer (ev180 w/mag9.5 friday!
weekly 15% pwc
tank mates are 2 tomato clowns, 2 false percs, a flame angle, 1 1/2" blue hippo. inverts fire shrimp, peppermint shrimp, couple hand fulls of red legged hermits and tubro, tequila, red footed mexican snails
so after the naso passed i went to another lfs
and got a 20g small heater and hob
filter. i already had a air pump and large air stone i use when mixing saltwater.
filled the qt with mixed ro
water started the filter and put in the air-stone and proceeded to catch ALL the fish in my dt to put in the hospital tank. treated with ich-x witch is formalin based
I went back to the store where i bought the naso and the owner who is a good guy gave me a replacement naso. reluctantly i took him and put right in the qt.
the water in the qt has .0 ammonia .0 nitrate .0 nitrite temp 78 so far daily pwc
's at 35%.
its also a little foggy.
the blue hippo has ich now as well, noticed right after he was qt'd
So my questions are and i hope some of you can help
1) When i shut off the light the hippo starts to discolor all along his belly and his fins go erect. when the lights come back on after 20 minutes hes fine. whats up with that?
2) i wish i could of gotten a 30L or 40g breeder for more floor space but couldn't afford it. even checked cl
and ebay for local and nothing within a 2 hr drive. still looking. Is it too small? am i going to send more fish to the bowl of heaven by it being too small?
3) should I put my clowns and maradrin back into the dt? never showed signs of any disease, parasite or fungus.
4) the hippo and nasos gills are rapidly moving. the nasos are faster than the hippo. anything i can do to help?
5) qt water cloudy. enough to where i can't see through to the other side looking long ways
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If I forgot any info that is needed to better diagnose tell me and I'll do my best to get it up on the site.
I have pictures of the hippo showing the ich on another thread but not the discoloration. I'll try to get them on this thread.