Ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davdav223

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How can I get rid of ammonia I have 2.0 ppm

I don't want my fish to die

Help ASAP PLZ

Any chemicals ?

Yes. You need to do a 50% water change immediately. I'm assuming that you are using a dechlorinator such as Prime? If using Prime dose with water change. Ammo-Lock is another product you may use to bind the ammonia and render it harmless for 24 hours.

I'm having the same problem and I've lost half of my live stock. The water changes and prime I added only increase the ammonia. Yesterday I did 100% water change and added bacteria but this morning the ammonia is still at 1ppm. Any other recommendations

Start fish died 2 weeks ago and I remove the remains since then I can't seem to remove the ammonia.

Why did the fish die?
How long did you have the fish?
How many fish are in your tank and what size tank is it?
What kind of fish are we talking about?

It was a orange linkia star fish. It only lasted 7 days and I'm not sure why it died. I had 3 fish purple fire fish, 6 line wrasse and a diamond back goby. It's a 28g nano cube but the fish are all dead

It was establish. The tank is 7 months old and yes it was cycle. I was doing 10% water changes very 2 to 3 week and I was testing it every 1 to 2 weeks and the parameters were normal. 0 ppm ammonia 0 ppm nitrate 0 ppm nitrite and ph 8.2 to 8.4. Salinity was between 1.025 and 1.026.

The aquarium store keeps telling just to do water changes and add bacteria I'm using ATM colony marine but the water changes made it worst.

Yesterday I did 100% water change the parameters this morning are nitrite and nitrate 0 ppm and the ph went from 7.4 to 8.0 but the ammonia is still very high 1 ppm.

I'm not using tab water for the tank. I'm using R/O water pre mix from the fish store I bought. And I did test the water and it was ammonia free.

It sounds like you ar doing everything that you are suppoesed yo be doing. I'm baffled too.

There's one other possibility that I can think of and perhaps you were using some type of household cleaner in the room housing the tank and maybe some got into the tank?

Many people take their water out of the tap and age it for 24 hours or longer while mixing salt and heating it to allow some of the chlorine to gas off.

Back
Top Bottom