Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's looking really bad. The pic is kinda hard for me to make out on my phone, but it's lookin like it's dying from what I can see. If it starts to look kinda like it exploded and is turning inside out, then it's on it's way out.

Yes, really look bad....

I read a lots bad stuff about anemone dying in aquarium,I don't want to wait too long, when is time to pull the anemone out?

Yes, really look bad....

I read a lots bad stuff about anemone dying in aquarium,I don't want to wait too long, when is time to pull the anemone out?

It's hard to tell from the pic. How long has it been like that? Anemone's shrivel up like that when they expunge or if they're not happy because of either placement or water conditions (stressed). Once those are rectified the anemones return to normal.

Some signs that your Anemone is dying are; foul stench coming from the water, tenticles not sticky or it appears to be melting. Also, if you notice something resembling spaghetti (white stringy stuff) coming out of it's mouth, then yes, it's fading so it's best to remove it from the tank..

Frank

That tiny anemone isn't going to hurt anything if it dies. What are your current parameters? Are you vacuuming that substrate on a regular basis? Possibly high nitrate?

The anemone is. 4" diameter,

Many time did that and back to normal, but lately the tentacles are small, the mouth is wide open and withe stuff is coming out the mouth.. Is been in the aquarium for 4-5 months already, and many water changes.... Last couple of weeks just did not look the same....
Ph8.2
Nitrite-nitrate-ammonia 0
Phos was 0 a few days ago but when I tested last night .25
Alk 10
Calcium 500
Salinity 1.025
Everything else is doing good

I vacuum the substrate many times, water always come out pretty clean, but at the very bottom of the tank I can see a lots of brown- grey stuff, but those are hard place to reach with my vacuum...
Also the aquarium is been set up for a year

Mine died today after a few months only thing I could think of is nitrates

How high do your nitrates read, I have a perfectly healthy condy and I can't get my nitrates under 20ppm unless my test is giving false readings.

Ok i have 2 api test kit,

The regular one say<40, the reef master say 0,
The LFS say is 0 so I go with the reef master one,I do 3 to 5 gallon water changes every 2 weeks on my 29g,I have a skimmer and use chemipure elite(I change last one in January),so everything is in check, I think maybe was already hurt from the fish store, and the switching tank did not help

Yes,

But maybe the light where different,salinity,temperature, don't know exactly,anemones are very sensitive,I'm going to make sure ,if I get a new one,that is not bleached,....you know some people just want to make the sale some time....I'm planning a mini reef on a 14 g biocube, so maybe when I move some coral on the BC I'm going to get an healthy nem for the 29 g....I really like them, and maybe my clown is going to hosted....

Yes,

But maybe the light where different,salinity,temperature, don't know exactly,anemones are very sensitive,I'm going to make sure ,if I get a new one,that is not bleached,....you know some people just want to make the sale some time....I'm planning a mini reef on a 14 g biocube, so maybe when I move some coral on the BC I'm going to get an healthy nem for the 29 g....I really like them, and maybe my clown is going to hosted....

Salinity and tempature would not have mattered if it was properly acclimated. By slow drip acclimation then floating. My nem was bleached but is colouring back up with mysis brine and chromoplex mixture with garlic guard and mushed silversides beheaded and deboned.i feed all my corals that and the fish and stars catch what floats off plus their nori and flakes. The nem gets some flakes as well.

I guess was the lighting,

I deal with 4 different fish store,but all of them told me to don't worry about feeding the anemone,because the main source of food is the light, but also always get some food from when I feed the fish,also use phytoplankton and trace element in bottles, so probably I have to agree about the lights....

Back
Top Bottom