Anemone Alright?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, don't take too much from the information that was provided you there...
For starters, no one has any clue why some BTA bubble while others don't. There is a plethora of examples to be seen from these anemone that have split and stood side by side, where one bubbles and the other doesn't. These creatures don't have a brain so they just kinda do things we might find silly...but they will also keep themselves in a place that will lead to their demise due to lack of proper lighting.
As for the strawberry bin, it still wasn't meant for the fish and I don't think you've understood that yet. It was to be put over the anemone. Think of it being a shark cage for a diver.
Either way, if things are going well then they are going well. I'd just keep an eye on it. I don't have enough fingers or toes to be able to count how many times we've had similar reports of this relationship going on that has been so stressful towards the anemone that it killed it.

IMG_2355.jpg
Its not the best picture because the flow is making him look closed up.
So I got rid of the Maroon, because he killed a new coral banded shrimp, but on the other note the anemone is looking better I think, I’m feeding him daily (whole mysis cube)
His tentacles have started to get longer, and they look bubbled up, but some of them look like clubs or balls at the end of the tentacle. He moved up about half way through the tank, and is colored up. Thank you guys, I just want to know if the balled tips is ok.

BTW this is what the nem looked like a week ago
IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg
He is bubbling back up, the tentacles still have to get a little longer though, he is making a great comeback, slowly but surely.

So I have a question, its has obviously been a few weeks since the Maroon incident and the anemones tentacles have only gotten about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch bigger and they are all bubbled up, but I was wondering how long it will take until it gets to or close to its original state. His tentacles now range from 1/8 of an inch to about half an inch, and like I said they are all bubbled up. But the used to be about 1-2 inches in length. BTW he has gotten in a good pattern of opening up and closing to release his waste, I feed him 2-3 times a week and he accepts it every time, (it is mysis shrimp) and sometimes he spits some of it out because he if full.

You don’t need to feed the anemone. Your light source should give it everything it needs.
The spitting food back out is stressful and making it use up more energy than it is gaining.

So before I even made this forum/page the a few of the anemones tentacles has weird lines and shapes in it, and was always a little abnormally (brown/tan) colored in some parts of the tentacles, it doesn’t seem to go away, and another thing is those tentacles are the most nubby unlike the other tentacles that bubble up now. I was just wondering if it is ok or if it is a problem.
Thx

Sorry for the poor quality photo

IMG_2355.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So the anemone is opening to the size as when I got it everyday, in the past week the tentacles have been getting longer and at the end of the bubble tips are forming again, it eats great only deflates once a week. It looks like it is on a great track but there is one part where the most damaged tentacles don’t open it is just closed up at that part of the nem. IMG_2355.jpg

Back
Top Bottom