Anemone died, algae bloom??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikezanga

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My RBTA died after spending a few weeks in hiding.....I managed to pull its remains(at least most) from the tank....and have ramped up my water changes to twice week @15% per change.....i haven't seen an ammonia spike and all fish and corals seem fine....only issue is I've seen a fairly sudden and aggressive hair algae bloom. Is this normal for the death of the anemone to bring on an algae bloom? Thanks in advance.

My RBTA died after spending a few weeks in hiding.....I managed to pull its remains(at least most) from the tank....and have ramped up my water changes to twice week @15% per change.....i haven't seen an ammonia spike and all fish and corals seem fine....only issue is I've seen a fairly sudden and aggressive hair algae bloom. Is this normal for the death of the anemone to bring on an algae bloom? Thanks in advance.

have you check the nitrate or phosphate

Sorry to here that i had an anemome for 5 months and when it died i went through 2 anenomes in a week before i finally got one that stuck but when i woke up the next morning it was stuck in my powerhead but there actually was an algae bloom in my tank after that and the water smelt super fishy but after a few water changes everything seemed fine.

Back
Top Bottom