Anemone help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lardy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all I added an anemone 3days ago, at first it was fine, moved a little then got settled and opened up now it is like this

image-1168473750.jpg

Is this normal? And is there any way of moving it to back of tank where I can see it rather then just the back?

It will take a week for it to fully acclimate. They will close up from time to time so dont be to. Concerned. If the mouth is gaping its due to stress. Let it move around so it will find a suitable spot. It needs ti be anchored on a live rock.

What i did was put it on a rock and put the rock on the sand bed. They dont like to crawl on sand so it was perfect. Once it attaches i put the rock in the corner where the flow is in a circular motion rather than direct. My bubble tip open right away. Ive only had it for 4 days also. Keep a eye on it and when it moves to the end of the rock flip it.

Thanks I tryed to move it but it won't move, I don't want to force it. So shall I put a rock Nxt to it and it will go on it? What is the best hight to have them in the tank?

Moderate flow high lighting. If he dosent move than its fine. He will move if it wants to. If hes loose move him to a rock. We dont want him floating around and end up in your powerhead. I would just watch him in the next few days. And leave him be for now. Dont want to stress him to much as he is trying to adapt to your water parameters and lighting.

You can't make a nem go where you want it to, it will go where it likes. Just keep an eye on it over the next few days especially if its roaming. It may sting other corals before finding its happy place, the only time you may have to intervene is if it goes underneath a rock or somewhere out of light.

Agreed. The only time it will float around is if it's not happy. There's nothing you can do to prevent this except to give it an ideal environment. I do not suggest moving it.

Back
Top Bottom