anemone help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marty20

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys, so I bought a nem about 6 weeks ago now and out him in my tank that I've had running for 14 months. I do a great job keeping the Params pristine. Anyways I put him in there in a spot I liked and be looked beautiful and my clownfish hosted it almost immediately, maybe 2 days before it moved in, well the anemone moved in to a spot that I had within my rock work Where it wasn't getting much light and I couldn't see it anymore. So after about 3 weeks of this I moved the rock he attached to do I could see him and he then split and has looked like this ever since. Any ideas of what I can do to make him pretty again. I have the toatronics 120 watt led turned up to full intensity over a 20 gallon aquarium.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131027_210852.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131027_210852.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 87
Hi guys, so I bought a nem about 6 weeks ago now and out him in my tank that I've had running for 14 months. I do a great job keeping the Params pristine. Anyways I put him in there in a spot I liked and be looked beautiful and my clownfish hosted it almost immediately, maybe 2 days before it moved in, well the anemone moved in to a spot that I had within my rock work Where it wasn't getting much light and I couldn't see it anymore. So after about 3 weeks of this I moved the rock he attached to do I could see him and he then split and has looked like this ever since. Any ideas of what I can do to make him pretty again. I have the toatronics 120 watt led turned up to full intensity over a 20 gallon aquarium.

Probably getting to much light, I'd dim the leds down some. Anemones split due to stress, it looks pretty upset. Usually nems move to spots where they are happy, you can't place them, they will move. Id definitely dim the leds down and give it time to light adjust. Also saying your parameters are perfect doesn't help, it would be helpful to post them as something is definitely off.

I also think too much light here - up to full on a 20g! most keep their Taos as low as 40% even lower sometimes. Try turning them down and see how it goes, it doesn't look happy :(

The Params are where I like to keep them for my tank, salinity at 1.025, calcium between 420-440 alkalinity between 9-10 ammonia and nitrite at 0 and nitrates below 5ppm, phosphates at 0, ph at 8.4 and other trave elements get taken care of by weekly water changes. The lighting I slowly increased about 10% per week keeping the corals I keep happy. I was more concerned for any disease that the anemone could've gotten from this rather than knowing the light was too high

The Params are where I like to keep them for my tank, salinity at 1.025, calcium between 420-440 alkalinity between 9-10 ammonia and nitrite at 0 and nitrates below 5ppm, phosphates at 0, ph at 8.4 and other trave elements get taken care of by weekly water changes. The lighting I slowly increased about 10% per week keeping the corals I keep happy. I was more concerned for any disease that the anemone could've gotten from this rather than knowing the light was too high

IMO the fact that it moved into an area with a lot less light shows it was to much light. I'd try and acclimate it to lower lightning then pump it slowly back up to 100%

Back
Top Bottom