Anemone help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex&Jen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, It has been a couple of weeks that we notice our anemone is quite smaller and not as vibrant as it once was. We tried to feed it today but i didnt hold on to any food its tenacles are smaller also. his mouth stays puckered but sometimes open. we dont really know what to do any help would be appreciated.

Thanks alex&jen

Attachments

• picture_017_190.jpg
    picture_017_190.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 21
  • miscfish_021_201.jpg
    miscfish_021_201.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 15
  • miscfish_002_105.jpg
    miscfish_002_105.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 16
That looks like a Ritteri, am I right? Very, very hard to care for if that is what it is. What kind of lighting is in your tank? How long have you had it? What kind of flow? And how old is the tank?

It's actually a gigantea 220w pc i have had it for 4 months with 2 maxi jets i'say medium flow the tank is 1year and a half old

Is that a 65G tank?
If so, 220/65=3.38WPG, I am not well versed on them, but that might not be enough light (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

I agree w/ Roka. A carpet anemone needs more lighting that 220 watts of PC lighting. It looks like it is losing color, likely bleaching out. I've always understood that one good way to test the health of carpet anemones is to touch them. A healthy one will be very sticky, so you will want to do that with a glove. If it's not holding on to food, I imagine it's not happy at all. I would consider some MH lights soon, or start trying to feed it more often and get it to accpet some meaty foods. Sorry. Carpets, along with Ritteri anemones are 2 of the hardest anemones to keep, and sadly, the most common that die in aquariums.

Back
Top Bottom