anemone in trouble?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccTank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Purple Condy anemone in trouble?

picture-035.jpg

picture-036.jpg

New guy here - did not know where else to go for some quick advice... So I registered and will post my complete tank parameters on my profile soon. Right now, this has me a bit perplexed...

My rose bubble tip anemone has done that too probably about 3 or 4 times. I just left him and next time i looked he was normal again and untwisted? so mine has always been fine i dont think its too problematic.

WTFLIP!!!! That's the first time I've seen that.... But looks like it could be splitting too.

Still no change - I have never heard of one splitting by twisting itself like this. Right now I am fearing the worst. I did find a couple other forums wherein something kind of similar took place and most folks said that the problem rectified itself like KMS907 stated but It just does not seem right to be honest...

Still searching for information on-line and have a call into the local zoo.

hows the anemone? Whenever mine has done that and i said i left it i meant left it usually overnight, so it probably does take some time for it to unwind itself

hows the anemone? Whenever mine has done that and i said i left it i meant left it usually overnight, so it probably does take some time for it to unwind itself

Still looks pretty bad and now some of the tentacles look like they are starting to deflate. It may have un-twisted some, but not much... I will try and post some more pics later.

Things looking up...

Well things may have righted themselves over the weekend - at least I feel a bit better about the anemone's chances for survival...

April-12th-2010.jpg

It did completely twist off - but looks healthy. It has not attached itself to anything yet but it seems to be doing fine. i'd still like to know how common this is and if it is a behavior I should expect in the future. I know that they split vertically but I still can find much information on anemones twisting at the stock...

thats crazy it twisted right off! Mine started to twist again yesterday but it was only about one twist so i untwisted it. I think mine twists because it is on the edge of the current right now so it all blows on the one side and twists it

04.13.10 Twisted Anemone Update:

Still seems to be doing OK - for the most part it stays balled with most of the tentacles tucked away in the lower most quadrant of the tank...

100_2133.JPG

I an debating if I should get in there and scrap whats left of the trunk off the rock or let the natural order of things take its course within the tank...

100_2135.JPG

I have to think that it will eventually find a nice spot and re-attach itself. Right now it is not getting nearly enough light...

100_2140.JPG

You'll be able to see if it starts rotting away and you can get it out then. So why not take a chance?

Thats true. Right now the piece still looks healthy (I guess)... So we will see where it goes from here.

Back
Top Bottom