Anemone, please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lardy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can some please help my anemone has been in my tank a little over a week And it was fine at first but then it decided to go walkies and ended up getin a cupple of tentacles in my power head . Luckily I was doing a water change and got it out straight away but now it looks like this

image-3598883416.jpg

Can anyone help with some advice? It seems to be spilling out some brown stringy stuff.

image-3698571883.jpg

Keep you water parameters in check. He should recover. Give him a live rock to anchor on. Put the rock in the sand bed. He maybe discharging waste. If his mouth is gapped hes still under stress.

A couple weeks ago you were battleing Cyano in your brand new (albiet used) tank. That indicates water quality issues which MAY be part of your problem. Then as soon as you put you anemone in your tank it started moving about, and the question was asked about your lighting (in the other thread). You never answered and provided this CRITICAL piece of information.
A moving anemone is an unhappy anemone. It could be because of the water quality, or it could be because of insufficient lighting. Or it could be because of something else. But if you wont provide answers, we cannot help.

image-3287634276.jpg. It now looks like this. Ill do a water test now and let you no a s a p. I have a acada t5 with 2 blue, 2 white

Calcium 460. Nitrate 3.0. Phosphate 0.25. Carbonate hardness 8- 143.2

I have a anemone under 3 pc lights and it likes it fine. I has to trick mine from not moving but its been two weeks. So far so good

Anemones need pristine water that is stable which is why they are recommended for established and mature tanks. Having nitrates and phosphates is a likely culprit for your unhappy nem. You need to determine what is causing those levels (most likely overfeeding) and eliminate the introduction of those before you can reliably remove them from the water via weather changes. Not saying don't do a water change but you must understand that reducing the level by a water change will only temporarily deal with the issue until the reason for the nitrate and phosphate is addressed. Like I stated above its most likely over feeding as that is the primary source of phosphates. Something else to note, if you feed frozen foods you should rinse it with rodi water before feeding. This will help reduce the phosphates being introduced.

Move your power heads around so its not shooting directly to where you want to put your Anemone and make sure it has a lot of light

Back
Top Bottom