Anemone possibly dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheyCallMeButch

Aquarium Advice Regular
So yesterday I got 2 anemones (going in separate tanks) from LiveAquaria and while the one is doing great today, the other seems to have turned inside out some. Some moments it seems to be bringing them back in and other times they seem to be fully out. My parameters are exactly the same in both tanks with the exception of Nitrates being higher in the tank with the anemone that is acting out. I did acclimate them later in the evening just before my lights turned out so I was going to give it another day before I panic, but has anyone else seen this before?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450290223.461667.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For an update, just before I left the house he had pretty much sucked himself back in, moved positions slightly, and tentacles started to bubble up. Just an odd occurrence perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

High nitrates can be stressful to sensitive inverts like anemone. That is a picture of it basically inside out and is not a good sign. If you keep the water pristine and stable, things can be just fine...but if the water quality is poor I would expect more of the same and eventual death.

Back
Top Bottom