Anemone Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chasbun75

Aquarium Advice Newbie
8O Hi i'm having some problems and would like to know if anyone can help. I introduced a bulb anemone and rose anemone. The thing is they started out just fine 3 days and everything was fine but after they didnt seem to open as much, i have fluorescent and halide lamps. After some days they completely lost all their tentacles but they didnt die and continued eating. But they did the same thing in different time lapses. The salinity is 1.023 no ammonia, no nitrates, and ph is 8.1. I have a protein skimmer and wet dry filtration. i thought that maybe the water need a little more movement so i put in a powerhead that really creates a good current but any ideas or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

HOw often do you feed the anemones? From what I've gathered from reading, youre only supposed to feed the anemones once or twice a week through dedicated feeding. Meaning offering it food by squirting it near it's mouth. My Long tentacle anemone acts the same way, it ; looks most inflated during the day and shrink in the early evening till the morning.

Amemones are also 99 percent water. If the anemone looks like it's withering away, then it is most likely not happy with the water. They love some trace elements and calcium too from what i've read..

HTH, ANyone, welcome to correct me if im wrong.

Also, you forgot the most important thing nesessary for anemones (outside of good water quality)....what is your lighting (and tank size)? anemones need strong reef type lighting...

When I ordered my BTA they warned not to blast them with too much light or they will hide. I don't know whats too much, but is that also a possibility?

Back
Top Bottom