Anemone Shrinking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigNEMO

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a LT Anemone for about 4 months now. It was about 6 inches in diameter when I bought it. It is now about 2 inches in diameter and all the tenticles look like stubs now. There is an anemone crab still hanging around it but there is not much room for him. I try to feed it krill but the tenticles have no sticking power to pull it into its mouth. Also, the fish in the tank just pull it from the anemone.

Is there anything I can do to save it? Or should I just pull it out before it's too late??

Thanks!

I'm no expert, since my tank has only been set up for three months. However, my only survivor is my bubble tip anemone. My yellow tang killed everyone else. I know what you speak of, because at times, my anemone looked the same way. If his foot is still attached, don't pull him out. He's not dead. If he loses his footing, then you have another problem. I was told that I would know if he was dead. What I learned was to increase the amount of light - I have it on about 8-9 hours per day now and now he looks great!

Good luck!

I have increased the time to 12 hours. So when/if he dies he will come out of the substrate??? Just wondering.

Thanks,

Don

Back
Top Bottom