Anemone split in two. GOOD OR BAD??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nhelw1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys. Last night my anenmome was really wide and I thought wow he's extra big today and this afternoon I came home and there is two anemones in my tank next to each other? Two mouths and all. Should I be freaking out? Ohh btw the top one is A little shrunk that's cause Im in the middle of feeding. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388907653.517438.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388907707.733384.jpg

They split when they are happy. I started with one green bubble tip anemone. Now I have about 20

Well if you feed them a ton they can split due to that as well but usually it is stress.

I do target feed mine once a week but I bring the split ones to my LFS and get credit for them!

Mixed information everywhere lol. Many say that's them spawning many say they're about to die but my onion is they split a little more than a week ago and they're both thriving and growing more

The jury is still out. I personally dont think they split because they are happy. I believe that when stressed they will split. But like I said nobody really knows and I see both opinions pretty often.

It's been a while since he split and they're both happy champs! Water is perfect and the ecosys is thriving! I'm takin it as a good thing

They can reproduce by splitting, but it's mostly due to stress. Especially in closed systems. Those anemones look quite bleached.

Back
Top Bottom