Anemone splitting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DRIFTER

Aquarium Advice Regular
What does an anemone look like when it splits? I have an anemone and it seems like it is splitting in half but im not shure if it is just dieing . It has no tentacles and it has some wierd white gut looking stuff in the middle. It still eats and holds on the to rock but i kind of sags.

What should i do with it?

Also i read the text at that website even though i could not see the pics and it said that the anemones take up to a week to die. mine has been this way for almost a month.

sorry the pics did not load for you they did not load for me this am either i have only had one split and it never really looked different it just got real big and moved to an area with more flow the next morning i had 2 wish i could help you more what you are describing sounds more like my green bta looked when the roses were killing it is there any corals or other anemones around it that could be trying to take it out chemically?

No corals or anyhting. I put it in a little 2 gall tank with an air stone i think it is pretty much gone.

Back
Top Bottom