Anemone stung golfball and palm tree corals falling off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PurebloodFerret

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a couple of problems I'm worried about, this weekend we added a golfball coral and palm tree coral to our tank and one of our bigger hermit crabs knocked e golfball over onto our anemone while we were at work. When I got home I pulled him up and now he has a giant burn scar, will he be alright?

The other thing I've noticed is the palm tree corals look like they're falling off? I'm not sure what the go is there, I just woke up today and there are about five stems just on the floor.

I'm going to call my lfs to see what they say but in my experience most don't even know what they're on about. Any advice would be appreciated.

1. Type & how long you have had it: as above

2. Current lighting & Bulb Age: don't know the exact specs but we have one white one blue that are on timers from 4pm-11pm

3. Nitrate: 10ppm

4. Calcium: don't know

5. Phosphate: don't know

6. Alkalinity: don't know

7. pH: 8.3

8. Salinity: we use natural sea water from the coast near us which is currently at 1.027

9. Temperature: this is our main issue parameter, I live in the tropics and we have a chiller on layby by but it's still about two weeks off getting it. The temp in the tank is usually about 30.. Please don't abuse me for his I'm aware it's an issue that I'm working on, just some insight into if this would be what's causing the issues to such an extent?

10. Liquid or strip test kits: liquid

11. Location in tank: palm trees are sitting at the front, in the middle in direct light

12. Current amount of flow: we have a small wave maker that we have facing up and there is nice circulation that goes round the tank without blasting on anyone

13. Current tank dosing regimen: weekly testing, weekly and sometimes biweekly water changes, and we add iodide, vitamin and amino acid supplement.

14. Nearby coral: plate, brain cabbage and duncanops

15. Explanation of problem: as above

What is a golf ball coral? A pic may help. Secondly, that doesn't seem like enough light for a nem. Thirdly, stop dosing iodine and amino acids. You could cause big problems since you test for neither. Give the corals time to heal and keep good water quality.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390363243.657587.jpg
This is the golfball coral, and this is an after photo where he's been stung.
MmImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390363480.254672.jpg
I was unaware anemones need more intense light, I'll have to do some research because as always, no one at the fish store tells us anything :( thanks for your reply

Honestly he is on his way out. Goniopora is difficult to keep healthy to start with. Idk if there is anything you can do now. It looks rough

I just picked him up and what I thought was scar skeleton was dead tissue and it flaked off and now it's all in my tank and he looks like this ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390433810.599628.jpg
What should I do? Should I move him out?

Back
Top Bottom