Anemone won't settle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali-fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
My anemone was doing good up to say ten days ago where he started to move around same as yours. I am sure that the light and water para is not what causing this problem as I have another two settled in one place and happy. So I dig up to glass, and put him there with a light weight on top of him to make sure that he will not move. After couple of ours I took out the weight and he is in his place since yesterday.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417267063.042249.jpg

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a good practice to restrict an anemone by putting a weight on top of it. I would highly suggest against this. Instead I would figure out what it doesn't like about your tank. Trust me, there's something. If your test kits aren't telling you anything, then get new test kits. Not API test kits. Salifert makes good test kits.

Seabay anemone won't settle :/

It's not a good practice to restrict an anemone by putting a weight on top of it. I would highly suggest against this. Instead I would figure out what it doesn't like about your tank. Trust me, there's something. If your test kits aren't telling you anything, then get new test kits. Not API test kits. Salifert makes good test kits.

Well, after 24 hours, mine popped out again and what I did before was useless after all. I agree that restricting the anemone is not a good practice but I had to do this to avoid another problem which getting a sting by another coral or a cloud of poison from this stressed anemone.

Honestly, I don't know what is the problem. I have API testing kit too and everything is 0. I am definitely buying another testing kit but until then, what shall I do with this problem? I have another two anemone that settled in one place and seems happy. So am saying if there is a problem in either the light or the water para, they will show any sign of stress, Right?

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

They don't necessarily poison things when they are stressed. They do have a sting when they touch things however, and roaming around may not be the best thing for the other corals. Generally, if one anemone is doing well, the other should be also. What are the other anemones you have?How long have you had them and what lighting/flow etc are they in?

They don't necessarily poison things when they are stressed. They do have a sting when they touch things however, and roaming around may not be the best thing for the other corals. Generally, if one anemone is doing well, the other should be also. What are the other anemones you have?How long have you had them and what lighting/flow etc are they in?

Here is one ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417366944.767844.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417366977.913669.jpg

I believe this one got sting :(

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417367059.756080.jpg

This is the stressed one. I think he is dying as i saw his tips falling down. Two days ago he was moving around and got in contact with the red one which disturb his peace and made him to change location.

Today I tested NO3 using SERA and SeaTeast

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417367555.898091.jpg

Yesterday I did four testing using API and sera for ammonia

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417367638.247720.jpg

Flow is gentile and light is 54*4 T5 from 5pm to 12am and 2 metal halide from 6pm to 10pm.

Temperature is between 27.7c to 28.8c.

Is there anything shall I add to give better picture?

========

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417368087.415076.jpg

This the results of ammonia using sera and api

========

I have never seen anemones sting each other, just corals and fish. If that's what you are saying happened, I think you need to keep looking. The clownfish could be beating it up.

I have never seen anemones sting each other, just corals and fish. If that's what you are saying happened, I think you need to keep looking. The clownfish could be beating it up.

Well am not sure if they sting each other. Am guessing this because after they touched each other, the one that is settled in one place for more almost 3 months, change his location

========

I agree with X about the clown beating the hell out of it , my clown did this to my long tentacle nem almost a month than the nem decided to shrink real tiny and wedge itself between two rocks , when I first seen the nem shrink I thought it was dieing , now he is fully inflated and happy , my clowns finally learned to get along with the nem , now my condys they never sit still everyday they are in different spots but at least they stay attatched after there short journey .

Back
Top Bottom