Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettWalker

Aquarium Advice Activist
When an anemone shrivels into a small ball is it dead? Is this by any chance something they do when they're not happy?

I know I shouldn't have the baby at all, but it was a gift and I thought maybe I could keep it alive. :cry: Should have known better, especially in my FOWLR tank.

Is this anemone in the same tank that had the copper added? If so then it could be that you still have traces of copper. If this is a totally different tank then it could be a few things.

I am giving this advice simply from what I have read and heard. I have heard they do this when they are digesting their food, I have also heard that they do this if they are adjusting to the light levels.

Bett,

Anemones are a great addition in a tank, don't be discouraged. Have patience and see what gives after some time.

I will agree there are some larger anemones I have worried a fish getting too close to and risked losing. I once saw a starfish in my tank fall onto a very large blue carpet, and it would have been dead meat (no pun intended) had I not quickly reacted and grabbed a net and retrieved the starfish. But this incident is not something that commonly happens, in my experience.

I feed my 75g heavily because I have a shoal of Anthias dispar, so I am assurred my anemones eat well. They look very healthy, and I have N.O. lighting for them.

Sue

Back
Top Bottom