Anemones look sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long has tank been running? what Lights? What are the PO4, NO3 test results? etc... need more info on tank.

Tank has been up and going for 6 months. All levels and tests say water is perfect. PH is 7.8, this is the only level that isn't exactly where it should be. Lights are marineland reef ready LEDs. Put in a new fluval 406 filter on Tuesday. All of them were perfectly healthy looking Friday night and woke up yesterday morning to the anemones shrunken up and my clowns acting funny. Moved power head to add bubbles to the water and everyone perked back up but this guy

Tank has been up and going for 6 months. All levels and tests say water is perfect. PH is 7.8, this is the only level that isn't exactly where it should be. Lights are marineland reef ready LEDs. Put in a new fluval 406 filter on Tuesday. All of them were perfectly healthy looking Friday night and woke up yesterday morning to the anemones shrunken up and my clowns acting funny. Moved power head to add bubbles to the water and everyone perked back up but this guy

No where near enough light! You need a lot stronger lights that the Marineland LED. What size tank? PH of 7.8 is low but ok

Yep you need a lot more light. I would also get ride of the Fluval and invest in a skimmer as well. Look into the ATI T5 fixture or maybe a couple of AI Vega LEDS if you are going to keep anemones. That light even though it "says" reef its only a Fish only light. The "reef" means it has Blue Lights and White Lights. Anemones demand a lot of light

You could also get away with some metal halides... You definitely need more light though. Like a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom