ANEMONES WIth gold specks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HI SALINATY

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my lta looks good however it looks dusty or like it has gold specks on it can this be marine velvit

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!

Anemones do not get ick or velvet. Not sure it there might be a problem or it is just the anemones natural coloration, can you post a picture?

NO I DONT HAvea dig cam yet this is not the col. it was wen i got it 6 weeks ago then it was all all white my fish and corals all look good

If it was all white, this would mean that the anemone bleached from either inadequate or extremely different conditions than it was used to. What kind of lighting do you have (type and intensity) and try and describe your tank as a whole (size, livestock, filtration, etc.).

IT STIL HAS A PINK BASE SO I DO NOT THINK IT WAS OR IS BLEACHED
THEIR WERE OTHERS LIKE IT THAT LOOKED THE SAME IN MY DEALERS TANK
ITIS IN A 55 GAL REEF TANK W SHROOMS FLOWERPOT CORAL RICORDIAS AND MUSHROOM ANEMONE
CORAL BANDED SHRIMP BRITLE STAR (GREEN) BLUE CRABS
PHYCO- GOBY YELLOW TANG CLARKI CLOWN THAT HAS TOOK 2 THE ANEMONE AND A OSCELAROUS
CPR SKIMMER +REGENT POWERFILTER
JEBO COMP-FLO LIGHT 220 WATS AND 2-32 WAT SMARTLAMP
COMP-FLOS TOTALING 284 WATS

EVEREYTHING LOOKS GOOD AND I HAVE EVEN HAD MY LOCAL PET SHOP CHECK MY WATER TWICE IN 2 MONTHS AND ALL WAS GOOD
THE SPECKS HAVE APEARED IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS

The color of the base has little connection to whether the anemone released its zooxanthallae. This is the only condition I know of that would take a colored anemone and make it appear white. LFS are famous for having bleached anemones so unfortunately that also isn't a safe comparison. Of all the Pacific host anemones available in the trade, none of them are naturally white which is not a good sign.

I can only make a guess on that though based on the color you mentioned. Without a picture it is tough for me to throw much else out there so maybe someone else might have some other idea. The 32 watters though don't punch very far into a 55g....how far below the lights is the anemone?

it is about 1 foot from the lights

i just had the 32 watters layin around so i figured i would just put them on my tank.
i can tell the difrence
ill try to get a picture up

sorry about the caps

Back
Top Bottom