anenome, is he sick.. Reefrunner need your help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellane1

Aquarium Advice Regular
brought a anenome yesterday, his basal disk is about the size of a dinner plate, so he is a big one..
have had him 36hours and he is now spewing out this mucusy sperm like stuff.. is this normal???
I am going to take him out and put him in quarantine.....
need help quick please..
all my parameters are excellent!!

hurt my anenome

well thanks for the advice!!
Well i saw him spitting out all that stuff and all i could think of, was him dying and polluting my tank, so i grabbed him out and unfortunately he was attatched to two rocks and i think i may of stretched him a little.
I put him in my qt tank and he was all shrunk up and not happy.
After i read the forum i put him back in the main tank and he is still not happy. I just hope that he can forgive me and come good..
let you all know how it goes..
kell
oh and a damsel has disappeared any ideas???

Well it may take him a little while before he "settles" in again. What kind of anemone? REason for asking I had a hatian eat a royal gramma. The damsel is pretty fast but if it got stung it would be lunch. :slurp:

anenome

not real sure what type he is, but he has white tenticles with pink tips, is real pretty
kell

Sounds like a Sebae Anemone or a Condy. I've never seen a Condy that big, though. Two easy ways to tell the difference are these:

1) Condys have a distinctively pinkish-peachish colored based to them while Sebaes are more white on the base
2) What'd you pay for it? Condy's are dirt cheap in comparison to Sebaes, which tend to be pretty pricey.

sebae

he is a sebae anenome, umm payed about 25 dollars australian for him,
he seems a lot happier today but has a couple of swollen tentacles hopefully he will come good.. Do i need to feed him directly or will he manage to get enough food from the suspended particles in the tank when i feed the other fish, i feed the rest of the tank brine shrimp and blended prawn.
kell

You should feed him directly once a week or so. If he has a clown hosting him, then you could feed him less often.

anenome

have a clown but he is a absolute freak, he is a ocillaris and all he does is swim up and down the tank and then along it. he has not looked at the anenome yet and does not to be the least interested in it.
Should i get another as a mate for him??
And how do i feed the anenome direct? do i find his mouth and squirt some food in??
kell

The way I feed my anenome is simply drop the food right into his tentacles, as soon as it makes contact with the first tentacle he latches onto it and sucks it down.

Just make sure you feed at the same time as everything else in your tank, to avoid any food thievery.

Yes. For me, the closer to the mouth the better because my shrimp has a nasty habbit of stealing any food I try to feed to my sessile inverts.

Back
Top Bottom