Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
Thanx but no.....

If they are that small then it's a problem waiting to happen though that yellow looks pretty big. On an aside, aren't those blues so cute when they are that small? Anyway...

What's that to the left of the anenome in the picture?

Old 06-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ok I have posted a couple things. Once again sorry.... not sure if i mentioned the blue Tang was sick they day I got it before it was even in my tank. I thought it was dead. I posted a message about sick blue tang. To make a long story short, it was a miracle the Tangs alive but has white spots so I was told to use Melafix( safe for all coral ...ect. Thats when it(anemone) looked like it was gonna turn inside out. I only used it the one day as someone on here told me not to use it. As for my levels I keep a journal>>> please keep in mind I am new at all this
Levels:
KH:120
CA:400
PH:8.3
NO2:between 0 and 0.1
NO3:between 0 and 5
NH3: between 0 and 0.1
refractometer: 1.024 ppt 32

and I have done a partial water change since then

Old 06-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #13

not sure what's to the left?? cleaner shrimp or some anemone/coral thing starts with a "M" I think. Great you all must think Im so cruel!!! So what my next step? Are these fish all gonna die or can I get away with it for a bit? This has been the worst salt water experience ever. Well the guy I get my fish from is really good to me. Even replaced a fish that died. He has said no to alot of things I would like.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #14
Thanx but no.....

Melfix is for bacteria, ich (assuming thats what you think it is) is not a bacteria. Unless you are treating for possible secondary infection from the ich infestation.

Never heard Melfix was bad for inverts. Makes one wonder if the amm/trite numbers are above 0 because the Melafix destroyed some of the bacteria though.

He may just be unhappy with the water quality at this point.

Did you run some carbon to get the Melafix out of there?
Old 06-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #15
Thanx but no.....

It's near the sand on the opposite side of the cave
Old 06-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I posted more about the ich on your sick fish post Kimber. If your LFS is telling you to use melafix to treat ich, then I wouldn't trust them too much for info. They may be nice to you, but they're sure giving you some bad advice... including fish selection.

I'm going to take a giant step back and ask if you've cycled the tank? I'm assuming you have, but sometimes those assumptions get us in to trouble!
Old 06-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #17

yes it look like a Anemone. It starts with a M. Carbon!!!!!! I will try that. I was told to take it out cause I have live rock and sand. Ill put it back in. I can really smell the Melafix in the back where the skimmer is.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAhab View Post
It's near the sand on the opposite side of the cave
I'm guessing it's this...

Quote:
...some anemone/coral thing starts with a "M"
I'm guessing it's either a "M"ushroom coral (ricordea?) or a "M"ajano anemone?
Old 06-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #19
Thanx but no.....

found this on reefbuilders

Melafix and anenomes - Reef Builders Forums

' my anemones didn't like it at all, didn't kill them sure made them look crappy though.'
Old 06-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #20

Ok I started it up with live rock and sand and a couple clown as he had no chromis and I live 4 hours away. I need fish and that all i could get. I got it up and running. I got the brown algae, then the green and now it looks great> I kept a journal from day one checking everything. All levels were exactly where the test kit said they should be.

Tags
anenome

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com