Anenome problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Only200

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a bubble tip and a condylactis anemone yesterday they looked fine last night but today they are real small and closed up do they close up at night? Or are they Dieing?

Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5 lighting I have 4 vho the Condylactis is looking good but the bubble tip still looks bad ill post again tonight when the lights are on

Feed both of them extended to a 12 hour light cycle and this morning they look good I think I might be on the right track I will cut back to a 9 hour cycle in a couple days thanks

I was told to do a 9 hour cycle and no one tells me any different like when I asked for advise all I get is wait so I'm just going to do what sounds good at that time. As for anything else when I ask for help I either get nothing or criticizum and still no help, I don't mind someone saying I'm doing it wrong as long as they tell me why or advise on how to do it right any way sorry for the rant but this will probably be my last post on this forem I just don't understand where the advise part is anywho I'm cutting the light back to advoid a algey spike and without any better advise I have no reason not to thank you and again sorry about my rant you all have a wonderful time with your aquariums and hopefully better luck with the amazing (aquarium advise) crew/members thanks

If you're even still checking this, just wanted to throw out there that anemones do get real small and look weird periodically when they are passing waste. Sometimes mine will be like that for hours, then open back up.

9 hours is too much light. 6 hours is all u need. But change is the worst thing that happens to fish and inverts.

Where are you getting 6 hours? That too little. I have mine on for about 11 hours. All the bulbs are on for 9 and just blues for 11. It works fine. My corals love it. You may be talking about all bulbs, but 9 is fine!

Oops my bad I was only including my halide. I'm at a total of 8 hours. Guess I shouldn't text and work. If I go any longer I get algae all over the place. Considering the tank is near a window, it's as far away as possible but it's the best I an do.

Back
Top Bottom