Another deadly store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The yellow tang is dead! This morning I thought he was a gonner but when I got home his gills were still pumping away slowly... The purple tang is in qt right now with cupermine

IMO, I had the same thing happen in my reef. My fish did not die but were visibly covered in ich. I tried some different treatment as I did not have a QT tank. What save my was rasing the temp to 92 degrees F for 3 weeks. It's stressful on the fish but the Ich cannot survive in it and it will die. It worked for me, is stressful, but can save you the damage by treating with other products. My inverts were safe as well. Just watch the temp daily to make sure your not any warmer.

Ok my last post in this thread. Raising the temp will not kill Ich. Only a copper or hypo treatment are proven. Spots falling off the fish is the normal lifecycle of Ich. They will cyst and grow in the sand bed for about 28 days. The cysts will then burst and the Ich will infect fish at night. The next outbreak is generally much worse.

I posted links to valuable information about the lifecycle and treatment. READ IT!

Fish are still alive in QT tank with the correct doses of cupermine, Purple tang still coverd in ich and clowns are covered in it as well.

When I do water changes I add the correct dose of cupermine to the new water.

We'll see what happens!

both clowns went belly up!
Purple Tang back in Main display tank to see if he makes it. If not well the tank will be a coral only tank for the summer!

So far since my tank started ive lost the following.

Two pairs of clowns
Two Yellow Tangs
Maybe soon a purple tang...

After the clowns died I decided to put the Purple back into the DT. So far it looks like he might fight off the ich but we shall wait and see. This is day 5 of ich.

Woke up to the purple tang with full of mucus hanging off of his body, ghasping for air at top of tank. Looks like the ich got to him, rather than let him suffer till death I just took him out and killed him! I didnt want the poor guy to suffer any longer!

That is horrible, sorry to hear about this. It sucks, but it happens to everyone. Let that tank go fallow and pick it up again in a few months!

Yea I'll keep filling the tank with coral, because it looks nice. As for the fish, as much as I like the bigger fish like purple tangs, power blue's etc I think i'll stay with the small small reef fish.

I honestly think a 75g tank isnt big enough to house a tang, I felt bad for the guy once I put him in though he was a gorgeous looking fish.

Look into the Yellow Eye Kole Tang. They are the best tang for a 75 gallon, and the only tang that the tang police won't get on to you for having in a 4 foot tank! :p

I kind of agree though with the tang police, I'm just selfish I guess and wanted tangs in my tank. Now I feel bad because the fish I had in the tank were great looking fish.

Not until I get my larger tank will I add another tang.

I'm looking into either a 60x32x24 or 72x30x24 tank for my new house, but that's only this nov

I like the yellow eye cole tang, it being a smaller tang I know it would be okay suited in a 75g but I still beleive a 4 foot tank is a little short for these medium sized fish.

i'm going to let the tank sit for the summer without any fish, let the ich die off and just add coral for the next few months

Back
Top Bottom