Antennetta Lion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thor32766

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an antennetta lion whose left eye is gloomy looking, it went away and then came back. He still eats fine. But just wanted to know if its sign of some kind. Opinions welcome

thanks

Sounds like cloudy eye, a bacterial infection. It can be treated with an antibiotic (in an appropriate hospital tank) or often can be remedied through improving water quality, with stress and degraded water quality often being the cause of the problem.

How long have you had it? What are your tank parameters (PH, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, salinity) and how old is the tank?

my water quality is great with the water testing. 0 on all levels, the tank is only about three months old. let me know if i need to let you know anything else.

thanks for your time

thor32766 said:
my water quality is great with the water testing. 0 on all levels, the tank is only about three months old. let me know if i need to let you know anything else.

thanks for your time

Your PH shouldnt be 0 :wink:

Yeah, PH and also your salinity/specific gravity is necessary.

My guess is that the age of the tank is part of the problem, while your nitrogen cycle may be established, there are many other processes maturing and establishing themselves so at 3 months things are still pretty volatile. While still trying to gather info on your tank, I would step up some partial water changes with properly mixed, aerated, and buffered water....it can't do anything but help.

HoopsGuru is right with everything they have said, what are you feeding this lion?
Make sure it is getting a variety of foods plus you may want to soak the foods in vitamins 2 - 3 times per week.

Kaye

Before doing the water change, please state your PH and salinity/specific gravity as asked above...it can be a big indicator of what your tank may be like. If you do not have test kits for both (hydrometer/refractometer for the salinity), I would make that a priority.

Taking the tests after the water change(s) may mislead us as to how the conditions were when the lion became ill.

Back
Top Bottom