Anthelia sp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

algy1943

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just purchased a new pump to pump the water change water into my tank, the pump is 1800 L/H, since my last W/C my anthelia sp has not opened whereas its been a beautiful coral, could this fast filling of the tank had anything to have caused this?

How big of a water change did you do? I would think as long as it was the same temp and salinity, how fast you put it in the tank wouldn't matter.

Anthelia is virtually impossible to kill. What are your water parameters?

How big of a water change did you do? I would think as long as it was the same temp and salinity, how fast you put it in the tank wouldn't matter.

Anthelia is virtually impossible to kill. What are your water parameters?

Only 15L, which I do weekly, bring the water up to tank temp. only thing I don't do is aereate it, salinity 1.024, it just seemed strange that it happened following the water change on Monday, do they not open sometimes? my anemones open and close, do corals do this in the day time when lights are on?

algy1943

016 resized.jpg

017 resized.jpg

018 resized.jpg

019 resized.jpgSome new stock added 08_05_2010:- Yellow Tang and new friend Regal Blue Tang, just added, good friends after 1 day, with an algae blenny and 2 banded boxer shrimps added today 08_05_2010

Last edited:

Attachments

• 007 Banded shrimp and new algae resized.jpg
    007 Banded shrimp and new algae resized.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 003  Banded shrimp resized.jpg
    003 Banded shrimp resized.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 005  Banded shrimp and new algae resized.jpg
    005 Banded shrimp and new algae resized.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 309
how much LR do you have,only because it looks like a lot which will drop the volume of water you have in your tank and it seems to me you have too many/large fish for quite a small volume of water which can throw out your water parameters quite quickly IMO.

Low and behold the Anthelia is out in full bloom, strange it kept closed for a full day, I had 100kg when I set the tank up and probably have 10kg spare in a reserve tank which is kept wet & warm, but you are dead right after aqua scaping the tank it took around 190L to fill to the weir.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom