Antias has white stringly poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keithhjs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone think this is just constipation or parasite. Fish is eating and acting normal, maybe a little more territorial though.

Video shows behavior.

Attachments

• image-4112301528.jpg
    image-4112301528.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 127
Could be constipation. Do you have a group of them? I ended up bringing my anthias back to my LFS after determining the aggressive and stressed behavior was most likely due to not being in a group. Also, supposedly anthias like to be fed multiple times per day. Perhaps the feeding schedule could be an issue? I only fed mine once a day, so it could have attributed to aggressiveness.

I have two females and one male. They get fed several times daily. I'm pretty sure it's not stress. Either constipation or maybe parasite. I've had them for about five months or so and haven't had any problems with them. The fish acts as usual too.

Thanks for the input. :)

No problem. That is the extent of my anthias knowledge :)

If you don't get much further, you could pm Carey - she may have some ideas. She has several anthias I think between her tanks.

Yeah I've kept Anthias before and have seen stringy poop before too, I was just checking here cuz there are so many wise reefers here to discuss things with. I believe myself its constipation. It has passed the long white feces out and now has a miniature grey one hangin out for all to see lol.

Yeah I've kept Anthias before and have seen stringy poop before too, I was just checking here cuz there are so many wise reefers here to discuss things with. I believe myself its constipation. It has passed the long white feces out and now has a miniature grey one hangin out for all to see lol.

Lol. Quite the rainbow of feces ya got goin on there!! :D

Back
Top Bottom