Any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adamski

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sadly I can't post any pics. Over the last month my sps, serriatapora guttatus and green hystrix have been bleaching at the bottoms half.

My alk is 9.2
Ca 430
Mag 1340
SG 1.025
Temp 26.

My tank is 2 years old. My flow is from a gyre 130 and lights are a razor 180. My LPS is growing like crazy!

Hi there
Could be a number of things
It could be a fluctuation in your KH or Temperature ,high No3 or Phos or it may even just be down shadowing where it's not getting a enough light at the bottom.

I'm pretty sure my temp which is controlled is constant. Also the kH is tested twice weekly with very little deviation. I'll test NO3 and see where that is. I've never tested PO4, ever!

The frustrating thing is, I would have said my water was! Back to daily testing again

Mr Tap. If it is shadowing, which I'm leaning towards, how does one combat that?

Mr Tap. If it is shadowing, which I'm leaning towards, how does one combat that?

Hi there
It is quite common with that type of particular Coral even had it myself from time to time and very hard to combat,I had to break the good bits off in the end start again,

you could try is moving it to a brighter place where the lights can penetrate underneath if that's possible, that's of course if it is shadowing, and it's quite possible if all your stats are good and stable and other SpSs are still looking good.

That doesn't look like shadowing to me either. I had a huge bn and there was a lot dead underneath from shadowing but it didn't break up like that is. Your losing flesh in what looks like the base up which indicates STN to some or slow tissue necrosis. I just lost my huge colony to stn. I had it for about 4 years no issues and all of a sudden it started dying. Tried large wcs. Keeping everything stable but unfortunately I lost it. If it gets worse I'd honestly drag it just above the dying part. This is really the only thing I've seen work

I bought new test kits. Tested ca and mg twice and the solution didn't even change colour. It would appear my ca and mg are off the scale

Back
Top Bottom