Anybody in Arizona?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sartori

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All-

First this site and it's advice has been invaluable to setting up my 40ga tank.

I'm new to saltwater and new to Arizona and am looking for a credible LFS. Any information would be nice.

Thanks

Where do you buy your supplies/livestock etc..? The only decent place I know of is in Phoenix..the Ocean Floor. Other than that, Petco on Val Vista is about the only other choice.

Mike

I would assume then that you have not tried Aquarium Arts on Baseline 1/2 mile west of Alma School?

Ive been to ocean arts and their livestock didn't seem all that appealing

I have heard of them, but have never been there. I will check them out. I have been ordering a lot of my stuff online, and have been happy with it, but it is the shipping that kills me on livestock. Thanks

Mike

I'm still somewhat new in the saltwater side of things (I live in Scottsdale, BTW), but so far my favorite places for SW fish are Ocean Floor and Aquatouch (near 32nd Street and Cactus).

I finally made it over to the Ocean Floor, which is a great place. I wish it was closer to home though. I live in Gilbert, so it is quite a haul. I will check out Aquarium Arts on Baseline this week and report back to let you know how it was.

Once you go salt, you won't go back to fresh. :)
Mike

hey im in AZ

the ocean floor is a good place, but the sale people sometimes forget that your there to buy fish not to build there 401k's, any who there is another fish place one thunderbird and 32nd street, that is the cleanest lfs i have ever seen in my life, they seem smart also just like the people on AA good luck

I'm actually doing both fresh and salt now. I built a HUGE new stand, that holds two 90 gallons side by side, and two 25's below. The right side is fresh, the left is FOWLR. I've got some parrots in the other 90 that I've had for a long time. If they ever die, I'll probably convert that one to SW too, assuming I get good at it.

I live in Tempe. I'm not affiliated with any LFS.

The Ocean Floor - sometimes you can find great deals on tanks, however, the livestock is horribly overpriced, and as already mentioned the salsepeople will try to sell you everything.

Aquarium Arts - The worst LFS around IMHO. Livestock prices are ok, however, all the animals always look sick whenever I visit. Liverock looks pathetic.

All Aquatics - a little shack in the middle of mesa, this place is great. Go online to see if they have what you need, as they don't have much, and some of their livestock is captive-bred. I bought two captive-bred gold-striped maroon clowns there for a total of $16 and they are doing great today. They never pressured me to buy anything. http://www.allaquatics.net/

I found a new place the other day, called "About the Reef" in Tempe. Great looking fish, seem quite healthy and pricing was decent. They had a 30% off weekend sale when I was there, which helped even more. They had lots of beautiful fish and the young lady I talked to knew a lot about the fish as well.

Back
Top Bottom