Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post
I personally dip every coral and quarantine every coral and fish before putting them into my tank. no harm done with dipping if there is nothing on them but hypo IMO is not good for corals, Hardy corals like zoas might bounce back from a hypo dip but that salinity swing is likely to damage sensitive corals (ALL CORALS ARE EXTREMELY SENSITIVE) I don't hypo dip anything unless absolutely necessary. I do use hypo for fish but drop the salinity very slowly over the course of 2 weeks not just drop them in. To me its unnecessary to FW dip fish/coral like that and have personally never had a problem i couldn't solve another less stressful way. I use CoralRX. just fill a bowl with it (mixed by the directions on the back) and use a medicine dropper or turkey baster to gently but firmly blast the colony. FYI do not use the dish or baster for anything else especially for food prep or consumption. Zoa eating nudibrachs are really really small and normally the same color as the zoa so get a magnifying glass if your eyes aren't bionic. If there are any on there dip the colony and then if they wont die just manually remove them or let the coral sit for a day or so and then re dip it.
yeah thats makes sense, the guys down at my lrs said i need to use coral rx, they dip EVERYTHING before adding it into the coral display tank and espescially into the prop tank, i think ill pick some up friday when i get out of work, they have the big bottle for $9.00 i hope this works, i think some polyps have died off, so ill post some pics when i get home around 6pm central time,

btw tim, check this out and let me know: 75g Reef, Which Canister?

Old 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's a pic guys, idk how but I snapped one from behind the tank at the back where there's almost nothing growing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130911_175550.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	197712   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130911_175613.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	197714  

Old 09-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I would dip that frag in some Lugols. That looks like a fungus to me, unless that's just white glue. The shrimp smells them dying also.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
I would dip that frag in some Lugols. That looks like a fungus to me, unless that's just white glue. The shrimp smells them dying also.
It might be a fungus I just saw that fuzzy stuff, where can i get that stuff?
Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
The LFS or online. It's just an iodine solution. I would not know the dosage or if the pharmacy iodine would work. I could not find the MSDS for Lugols.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com