Astraea snails falling off rockwork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
They occasionally do this but lately it seems like I'm constantly righting upside down snails....are they just being extra clumsy or could some out of whack water parameter cause them to do this?

Tank is a 10g FOWLR with 20 lbs live rock, Caulerpa, 1 sixline wrasse and a cleaner shrimp. Will test tonight for params....

I`m always having to right them also but still do the water check results so we can rule that out.

Mine go through phases also, it seems. Just like you, I wonder if it's something whacky with my parameters but everything always tests just fine. Last week for example, it seems like I was righting one every night. I figure I'm good again for about another 3 weeks or so. Go figure.

Those snails are unable to upright themselves. I read somewhere, they are ok moving around on rock/glass, but not sand.

I lost one snail :-( didn't get to right him before someone else got to him, not sure who it was but between the wrasse and the little hitchhiker crab they would have done a good job. When I flipped the shell over a nassarius snail fell out!

Params: temp 78F
SG: 1.024
pH: 8.0
Nitrate: between 5 and 10 ppm.
Nitrite and ammonia: 0

Everything seems OK, so maybe that one was just having a bad day....which meant a good day for the wrasse and crab!

newfound77951 said:
which meant a good day for the wrasse and crab!
Well, they say variety is good for their diets! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom