Baby clown not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterking

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had my baby clown for about a week now maybe a little less and he's always hanging on the bottom and when It's feeding time he dosent even come up and get food. So idk if he's eating or he's grabin scraps off the sand , someone help !

Hopefully it will start feeding soon. My only quess is that its stressed.. or possibly came stright from the ocean doesn't know wha to eat.. my experince is to have the lfs feed them before i buy them. Hopefully it will start are u trying flakes, frozen brine? Live brine or copods?

Yes I feed my fish flakes and once a week I will give them blood warms to add some meat to their diet but that's all I feed them

I would say pick up some live brine shrimp or copepods and see what happens

Why ? Is that better and healthier for the fish then blood warms ?

If a fish isn't eating you will need to try new foods to get it eating. Also try cyclopeeze I know i had a picky clown who would only eat very small pieces of food for awhile. The cyclopeeze worked excellent since they spread throughout the tank quickly and the other fish won't gobble them up before the clown gets a chance to realize there is food.

Yea that's what i was trying to say .. if it isn't eating it's not liking what your putting in and will have to acclimate it to eat what your feeding your other fish. My point on saying feed live foods is because your clown might not know anything differnt. Like i stated previously alway get the lfs to feed them before you buy. I've never seen a healthy fish pass up food even after its just eaten.

That's a good idea I'm gonna start doing that I never thought about that , Becasue we all invest alot of time and money into this hobbie. So deff wanna make sure the fish is healthy

Back
Top Bottom