bacterial septicemia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WWodyz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
thanks reefrunner69 for the disease advise you put out, anyways i think ive got the disease in my tank :( let me do the run down again...
ive got a 40 gallon tank, live rocks, lava rock, 2 dominoe damsels, 2 yellow tail damsel, 1 yellow tang, 1 niger trigger, 2 clownfish, 4 bl hermit crabs.. looks like the fins on the damsels are thinning and yellow tang growing what appears to be vains..

am i causing stress by the amount of fish i have or i just have plain bad water? (i just bought a skimmer and its on its way)

should i treat the whole tank? will the meds affect the liverock/livesand/crabs? the trigger does not have signs of disease and clowns looks like small white dots.

so many questions...help?? your knowledge will be greatly appreciated..

ive got a 40 gallon tank, live rocks, lava rock, 2 dominoe damsels, 2 yellow tail damsel, 1 yellow tang, 1 niger trigger, 2 clownfish, 4 bl hermit crabs.. looks like the fins on the damsels are thinning and yellow tang growing what appears to be vains..

Even if theses fish are juveniles, I think your tank is woefully overstocked. The trigger and the tang gotta go.

Hard to say whether this is an actual case of disease or whether it is aggression and stress brought on by overcrowding.

should i treat the whole tank?

No the effected fish should be removed to a hospital tank and treated.

clowns looks like small white dots.

Not sure what you mean by this, but if you see white spots on the clowns....chances are you got ick in the tank, and all the fish have to be removed for a period of 4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom