bad luck lately...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stryder

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had a run of bad luck. I am loosing fish (chevron tang, flame angel, lemon peel angel, 2 clowns and 2 chromis) have all died in the past week. I think that the angels came with a life threatening disease and passed it on to the others. I think this because all was well until I put them in (the angels) about a week ago and this all started. The store I got them from said that all their fish are fine and say they can't do anything for me. :x I think that I will stop buying fish from this store.

Back to my now unstable environment. I have tested the water and all seems well. I do have a lot of red slime bacteria that I just put a treatment in last night for, but that doesn't kill fish. I still have a Coral Beauty, a Mandarin, 2 Chromis, a Yellow headed Goby and a Clown (but the clown looks like he's next) all in a 130gal reef tank. all through this the corals have been fine. I am going to lie low for a while and let the tank get the bugs out before adding any more fish.

I just wanted to share and remind all to be careful about the new fish that are introduced. 8O

Sorry to hear that... I have had the exact same thing happen to me. However, when I contacted the store they gave me a $250.00 credit and took responsibility. I would definitely find a store that backs up what they sell. It can make all the difference and it lets you know they believe in the quality of their fish.

Back
Top Bottom