Bad news, anemone moved too close to powerhead.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turbosnail

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was watching a movie about twenty minutes ago, and I glanced at my tank. To my horror I saw one of my anemones stuck in the power head. I quickly unplugged the ph and it let go of the anemone. None of the anemone was pulled into the ph, but he does not look so good, has anyone seen them pull out of something like this? Is he going to kill my other inhabitants if he dies? Is there really anything I can do to help? Here is a picture of about one minute after and about twenty.thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110203_200446.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110203_200446.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 164
  • ForumRunner_20110203_200531.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110203_200531.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 157
he'll be fine. just let him bounce back on his own. i once had a LTA get sucked into a power head for a few hours. i couldn't get him out. i just left the power head in the tank and slowly (overnight) he removed himself from it and went about his business.

Ok, thanks a bunch, that is relieving. I will post some more pics tomorrow, to show his progress.

Thanks for the advice. Actually his foot did not move he was stretched out all the way to the ph. When I changed to the sand substrate he moved from where I put him to where he is now. He has been in the same spot since, and is still there. I am moving the ph farther away so it does not happen again. I thought the ph was at a safe distance, it was my mistake.

On a brighter note, the other two anemones have stayed right where I put them. I hear that this is rare.

Ok, this is what he looks like this morning. He sill looks unhappy but much better.

Here it is.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110204_144832.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110204_144832.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 133
I have a 4x24 current t5ho with two 10000k & two actinic bulbs. One of the actinics is a current bulb all of the others are corallife. I put new bulbs in when I purchased the tank.

I feed the anemones twice a week with talapia or cod I don't remember what I have it is a white/pink fish.

I wanted to get shrimp but the store did not have raw shrimp.

it sounds like enough light, but do the anemones seem to want to be high up on the rocks? if so, you don't have enough light.

Two of them are about half way in the tank. And the happiest looking one is about an inch off the bottom. Here is a picture of the one near the bottom. He is about 30% bigger then when I got him. I think it may be the camera, because this nem is a dark reddish color with vivid gen tips.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110204_162543.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110204_162543.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 140
Back
Top Bottom