Badly damaged mushroom...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
I came home from work this afternoon to find my small mushroom rock flipped over onto the torch coral. (curses urchins) I put the rock back up where it belongs and noticed that one of the polyps looks "cut" open, with it's insides pouring out. Kinda like it's expelling its zooxanthellae.. The one next to it looks bad too but not expelling anything.

I sat it in a higer but not direct flow area, hoping that it will heal itself.

Just looking for any advice or comments at all.

Thanks.

Mushrooms under duress will expel their guts. Give it some time, it should draw them back in.

If that doesnt work place in a bowl with some rubble in hopes that it will make more from the cut parts. But as said chances are it will pull them back in in a day or 2

I agree with Cindy. as it acclimates to its new surrounding it should be OK. Mushrooms are very hardy.

*wipes brow*

Thanks guys. I didn't want to lose these mushrooms, I really like them. I will try and be patient and let it heal itself. Should I put it in a low flow area then?

I would keep it in low flow while it heals. Send me a pic Lindsay, I'd like to see it.

Well, I tried to get a picture today, but the "insides" are gone and the coral looks a lot better. Just some frayed edges now, but looks 100% better than last night.

That was quick! Thanks again guys.

Back
Top Bottom