badly hurt coral beauty angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree get him out as quickly as you can into a QT tank. Some people may not agree with me but I used Pemafix & Melafix when my Yellow Tang top fin started to disappaear to nothing but the spikes sticking up and it grew back to my supprise and he also got a cut on his side and it also healed that up as well... But the Pemafix & Melafix has not helped my Desjardin Tang with the HLLE diease which I am still today trying to find out what else I can use to help him heal. If you have a Walmart in your area and a spare $70 to I think $80 go and get the 20 Gal Start up tank and make it your QT I don't think it is much more then that. I have read that all you need in the QT tanks is a piece of PVC pipe or a small clay flower pot for the fish to sleep in at night a basic power head for a 20 gal tank and of course your saltwater and your medication. Do not use any carbon filters when treating your fish. And I just this tank online at www.petsmart.com a
Top Fin® Aquarium Starter Kit - 15 Gallon at Petsmart for $71.99 it says in-store only.

Thanks for the concern. So far, so good. He is comming out of the rock a little more each day. His mouth looks better, although he has a long way to go. I still havent seen him eat. I am going to try some sheet algae in the morning to see if he can eat that, since it doesnt float all over the tank.

Okay, it's been a little over a month since my last post, and my coral beauty angel is still alive! I don't know how, because I haven't SEEN him eat anything, but he is apparently eating something...... :)

glad to hear he is still alive,I had a niger trigger go for a piece of food the same time the yellow tang did,the trigger took it's bottom lip clean off.

OUCH.... That sure would hurt.

rancidpetals - glad to hear he is still hanging in there....

Great news from rancid, I wish you the best - please keep us updated. Any new pics of him healing up?

i don't have any new pics of him healing. i don't have a camera right now, and he is HARD to get a pic of. his lips still aren't there, and I'm not trying to sound dumb, but i DON'T think they will grow back......he still comes out when i feed his tank mates, but unless he is eating off the rocks at nighttime, he isn't getting any food. i don't know how he has made it this far, but he is one tough little fish.

Back
Top Bottom