banded coral shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey, I am thinking about getting a banded coral shrimp. I think they are neat to watch. I have two cleaners and two peppermints in there right now. Is it safe to add one or should I skip it? Thanks! Lando

72 gal tank........ Just fine he shouldn't harm a thing.

Had one 3"x3" coral banded shrimp once. Bought it together with a hippo tang. I was worried that it'll rip of my corals as well. On the second day the shrimp lost one of it's large pincers. Got worried sick so i called up the shop & they said they'll grow back in no time. Tot that it was some accident. Got a lil' relief but after a couple of days it lost a leg. That was when I saw the the hippo tang trying to bite a piece of the shrimp. Maybe the tang was hungry so i fed it more & often. But everyday I watched the shrimp lose it's limbs until it vanished. Could never find it's remains until today.

The irony was they were both displayed side by side(seperated by a glass seperator) in the shop tank where i bought them. The shrimp was housed together with a powder tang which did no harm & infact the shrimp was cleanin up the relaxed powder tang... A powder tang would tolerate a shrimp & my hippo won't?!... :?

Back
Top Bottom