Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-19-2009, 05:01 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Apparently if you get a cardinal you should have a shadowed spot in your tank for them because they can hurt their eyes otherwise. Also because they feel safer there. Just what I've heard.

Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:29 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
The damsel and the cardinal both died yesterday :-(

I can understand the cardinal -- he wasn't eating very much and he wasn't very active, even if that's normal for new cardinals, so it could be that he just wasn't going to make it in a new tank regardless, even though I'm sure there is more I could have done for him.

But the damsel? He was doing fine and eating every day until all of a sudden he just died. I know how everybody feels about damsels here, but it really confuses me how this could have happened so quickly. He was really small (one of the smallest in the tank) but he had a couple of friends he'd hang out with. None of the other fish in the tank are having any trouble.

I don't think I'm adding any new fish to the tank until I get more live rock. There's clearly a lack of hiding places that aren't taken already and I don't want to chance getting another cardinal until he at least has a place to hide during the day. It's just tough to find them around here so I don't know when I'll get another opportunity :-(

-Adam Horton
AdamHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Were you using the regular super-glue type? or the gel type? Because i think i remember seeing someone say something on how the runny type of super-glue is bad for the tank, but the gel type is good. Not too sure on this.
Nope. Either kind is fine - runny or gel. So is hot glue... at least the general purpose type I've always used.

Kurt_Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote

bangai cardinal, cardinal

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com