begginin to rub on corners of glass, , signs of ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bawla47

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just got a clownfish, drip acclimated him for 3 hours, but he might have been shocked. This was my first drip acclimation. I bought the clown, and a cleaner shrimp.

I put a bucket on the floor, and had both the shrimp and clownfish in there. i floated them for about 30 min b4 that tho. The temp dif between the tank and bucket after 30 min of dripping, shocked the shrimp. and it died shortly after.

I bought another one a couple days later, and placed it in the sump, great results.

Anyhow, my clownfish is eating great,

water conditions are stable. goin to do a water change soon.

amon 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 40

cal 400
dont have a alkan test yet tho, where can i get one??

anyhow, he keeps rubbin on the corners of the glass. he hasnt checked out the liverock at all yet, been 3-4 days i believe. he just constantly stays by the glass towards corners.

Thanks for your help. Settin up a 10 gallon just in case.

my clowns hang out in the corners all the time, especially at night. When i first got them they didnt leave the top corner for around a week, then they started to explore. They mostly hung out behind the powerheads. Are they Flashing the glass or just swimming up and down it?

not positive what flashing is but i think thats what hes doing, he gets close to the corner of the glass, and darts at it, rubbing 1 side of his body. and does it repeatidly a few times. hope its not premature signs of ich!

May not be..hopefully.
Clowns have some strange behavoirs.
Usually a fish will flash on rock or substrate, not a smooth surface like glass.
Keep an eye on him and you may want to consider a qt tank for future additions.

Yeah I hope not too, it's not a pleasant experience to deal with obviously. My clown starting scratching (aka flashing) a few days before ich was noticeable. My tang also scratched and I could tell they were very agitated. After I positively identified the ich and treated them for 6 weeks in a QT I haven't seen them scratch once. I've heard irritants in the water can cause flashing too.

"Qurantine Tanks are our friends!" :D

Yes other irritants can cause itching or flasing. Keep an eye out for salt sized spots or other visible abnormalities, and keep a qt tank ready in case it is ich.

Back
Top Bottom