Best Approach...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patricksmom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I first like to say I am a newbie to both this site and to the world of saltwater tanks.

This is our first tank so be patient :) Easter weekend tank went up... we got the tank up and running with the help of an experienced tanker. Got the water right as far as the salt level.. added 4 molly’s to get it started. 3 of the 4 molly’s died. The last Molly is still living to this day. So this past Sunday we figured it would be time to check the water and add new fish since Molly has been alive and given birth in the tank. Any who.. This past Sunday we added an anemone, Chocolate Chip Starfish (Patrick) and a Coral Angel beauty. All were doing well so we decided to go last night to get a few more fish.. Came home with 2 clowns, butterfly and some live rock. Before adding these we had them test the water. Everything was on point. So we added them and then this morning I noticed that the Angel beauty had "salt spec" (what looks like ICH) all over her. Since this is our first and only tank we do not have a quarantine tank.. I went to an aquarium store and they gave me Ich-X to add to the tank. Would it be ok if I took Patrick and the anemone out and treated the fish in the tank? The only fish to show signs of Ich is the angel beauty. Advice would be appreciated.

Again we do not have another tank so we would have to use a make shift tank to take them out to treat.

Help! :)

thanks!

oh yea.. the only think we have in this tank is 2 clowns, butterfly, coral angel beauty and a black molly. An anemone, starfish and live rock. What if we take the anemone, starfish and live rock out. can we treat the tank with just the fish in there?

I wouldn't use that stuff in your DT. Those quick fix remedies often cause more problems than they fix. Even on there site, they say do not use in your main tank: Ich-X

What your going to have to do is setup your make shift QT and do some research on hyposalinity treatment. Don't use the ich-x, try to return it and get your money back.

Well I went to petsmart and got a 5 Gallon starter tank. Put a heater in there. I was told to use water out of the DT and then treat the fish that has ich.. so I did that and not sure why but grape jelly (angel beauty) was dead this am :( I didnt put gravel in there.. not sure if that had anything to do with it.. maybe it was just more sick then we thought. but the bad thing is.. back in the DT the butterfly fish popped up with specs on her this am :( we are probably going to take the butterfly and 2 clowns back to the store since we just got them 2 days ago..

Back
Top Bottom